This feature hasn't been written yet, please hold (whatever you do will land here).
Due to separation of content and presentation, this is simple to organise.
- This plan is written in technology English.
- Nothing will be implemented until format2 is created, and sub-page output.
- The link in the menu, AJAXs a select of languages you may wish to translate into, as a floating div.
- On selection of a language, there is a page refresh via google translation services, in the new language.
- Implementation needs to await document format v2, or I have no framework to inject the DHTML with.
- # Update June 2013: format 2 is deployed. Nov 2013, I am talking with people about professional translation.
- Being Customer centric. Actual usecase, nil.
- Does demonstrate the usefulness of the framework
- In-obtrusive additional usability feature, allowing wider audience. Invisible machinery. Short of professional translation, which is somewhat outside of budget; this demonstrates a reasonable compromise;
- In English create list of languages & flags - 2hour
- Create DHTML float - 3 or 4hours ~ its the styling that eats time
- Create response handler (language & page) - 2hours
- test boundaries - 4hours
- small screen testing
These are generous. I rarely get a day to code without things happening.