One is supposed to look at new technology, tools and approaches. As I now live/work in London, this is much easier. I try to have a wide range of technology, so one gains perspective better.
This resource is for 2017, my other entries are listed in professional-development-2016, professional-development-2015, professional-development-2014 and professional-development
As a non-sorted list:
- Practical on problem solving with Lego inside SCRUM structures.
- Two PHP meetups
- a Devops meetup, talks on e2e TLS and the cert management, a talk in Cubernetes, and a third on JVM tools ~ Kafka.
- a second Devops meetup, spoke with many Sainsbury people; notes on IoT? and low power REST frameworks, more on TLS, and a third. We aren't supposed to use certificate CommonNames? in certs anymore.
- A lecture about A Turing.
- An agile practice meetup. This lecturer confirmed by bases on sampling/estimating for work units.
- A Symfony meetup, at SkillsNode?.
- There is a two/three month gap here, as I was organising things for my new flat.
- A PHP meetup, with lecture on functional programming. I rarely use pure functional, as I think its less useful e.g. I think starting by defining numbers is a waste of time and a failure to communicate. I do use “relaxed functional” quite often.
- A BDD discussion forum
- Another PHP meetup.
- An Agile meetup.
- A Symfony Q&A
- a PHP meetup