One is supposed to look at new technology, tools and approaches. As I now live/work in London, this is much easier. I am assembling this list at the end of the year, I will probably need to revise a few times; as I don't keep old diary entries.
This is for 2014, other lists are professional-development-2018, professional-development-2017, professional-development-2016, professional-development-2015, professional-development, and my book list.
As a non-sorted list:
- YAPC (Nov, 2014 ) ~ yapc
- BCS lecture on Hadoop
- UXPA (Oct 2014) ~ low grade notes
- mini-conference on NoSQL, hosted by Talend
- Lecture comparing NoSQL vendors, sponsored by Couchbase
- Lecture on RabbitMQ
- Lecture on DDD in Symfony2
- Lecture on BDD approach
- 2x Lecture on Behat
- Lecture on phpspec/BDD in Syllius
- Lecture on comparing Anisble, Puppet and Chef, hosted by DigitasLBi
- Lecture on web testing and webdriver
- Lecture on Symfony2 and Heka
- Lecture on Selenium
- Several of the “London Software Craftmanship” events, which are non-hierarchical discussions.
You can see my twitter account is littered with people I meet at these meetups.
I may present an item for my test framework punit when the project is complete, at the next YAPC.